Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Only sleeping



Laying down,
I see you rest your head
You perfect beauty
Night fall comes without warning.
tears falling,
They ask me
Why do you weep love?
I look to your face

As you sleep now.
I ask you to dream of me
Dream of ancient times, of magic
I hear them calling you

Though I dont want to let you go
They call from a distant place
Along the shore they whisper your name
I see you in the setting suns
I see you rise and fall
I question this life tonight
As I do and will many

Soon you and I will see
My fear will dye and I will rest
I will feel you safe in my arms
My child, he is only sleeping
The thoughts will pass away

I might forget the details of your face.
I might not speak your name one day
I will stop giving life to this pain.
Tears will cloud my vision tonight

I wish to know what you see
Tell me what you feel
Being life, and light, and soul
Not burdens of human hood.
I want to feel waves of sea
And know its your arms I feel
I know a far off place calls
To carry you home, to the essence of life

Soon all will turn
I will see you .. in my arms
Just sleeping, only a sleeping babe
Breathing, and in that
Take in the full breath I have been waiting for.
Until I see you..
Your only sleeping

-Mommy <3

No comments: